Terms & Conditions HHM
Holiday Home Madeira – referred to within these T&C’s as HHM
• By viewing our site the user is deemed to consent to all our terms and conditions below.
• Holiday Home Office trading name of HHM reserves the right to change, alter, vary, amend, add or remove any of the terms below.
• Changes to the terms will be posted on this page
This page was last updated on 17/10/2015
HHM negotiates the conclusion of contracts for your Madeira Holiday Home or Accommodation, transfers, tours and rental cars between you, the "Guest" and the Property Owner/ Tour Company/ Transfer Company/ Car Hire Company, respectfully except when its an affiliate property which is paid for directly with booking.com. (Host/ Provider) Throughout the complete process HHM is only intermediary representative and never the actual property owner. HHM acts as an agent for the property owner in the initiation and conclusion of the contract. HHM also acts as an affiliate to booking.com in some circumstances
• All confirmed bookings via email, phone or in writing make a binding agreement with the owner of the accommodation who is represented by HHM. HHM reserves the right to accept the offer. A binding contract is concluded with the customer once HHM or other service provider (property owner/ tour company/ transfer company etc) confirm the booking by phone, email or in writing. Please note : If at a later date you decide to withdraw from the contract then the provider is entitled to cancellation fees.
• We recommend booking via email in order to to prevent misunderstandings. With all bookings you accept the terms and conditions of the provider as well as the terms and conditions of HHM.
These terms and conditions can be found on our website as a link on the homepage. We advise you to keep a copy for your own personal records.
• When completing a reservation you will be required to provide the number of people (including children) and if applicable any pets (included type and breed). Some accommodations only allow certain pets while other do not allow them at all. Pets may only be taken with prior authority at the time of booking. Should you have any other specific requests or requirements (e.g. late arrival time, additional services, laundry, daily housekeeping) then please ask us about this at time of booking.
• Once your booking is successful you will receive confirmation from HHM. All other information you will receive subsequently from HHM as a travel agent.
• Guests are obliged on receipt of confirmation to check whether it is accurate. Should there be any discrepancy or error you must inform HHM or the service provider. This information should be given within 3 days after receipt of confirmation. Late notifications of incorrect details may not be considered and they will not enable the customer to withdraw from the contract.
• Certain properties may only be booked on request. This inquiry can take up to 3 working days if for example the property owner cannot be contacted immediately. You will not be bound to your booking request until the confirmation is made.
• Each booking is made on the basis of the description and photographs of each property on the internet.
- Bookings made with our affiliate properties only, are paid directly to booking.com and all information and transactions will then take place between booking.com and guest.
Payment / Travel document
Please take note of our payment terms, which will be found in the respective offer description.
• Depending on the provider the rental fee is payable either via bank transfer, PAYPAL, PAYPAL Credit Card or cash on arrival. Generally the initial payment is due immediately to reserve the property with the remaining sum payable at least 4 weeks prior to arrival. With COA payments the initial reservation fee is payable by bank transfer, PAYPAL or PAYPAL credit card only. For any bookings 4 weeks before departure the entire rental price is due immediately. For certain types of payments such as, PAYPAL or credit cards HHM and/or individual providers reserve the right to charge a processing fee. Please note HHM will not be liable for any charges/fees which may be incurred due to bank transfer of the reservation fee (domestic or foreign).
• Should the customer want to rebook due to circumstantial changes after receipt of the first confirmation (in most cases by email) then this is possible subject to a fee. If reservation dates are being extended then there shall be no fee. In some cases rebooking may first require cancellation before a new booking can be made. This may lead to cancellation charges as stated in terms and conditions of the individual owner / provider. In addition to this HHM is entitled to levy a charge of £20 for every rebooking, date change or cancellation. This does not have any effect on the providers charges.
• At any time before the start of their holiday a guest may cancel their stay. (see fees below) It is strongly recommended that the guest provides this notification in writing or by email.
• Sixty (60) days notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations that are made more than sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date will be refunded the total monies paid minus the cancellation fee of £25. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay, that are made within 60 days of the arrival date, forfeit the full advance payment and reservation deposit. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent.
• Should our guests wish to avoid the burden of the above mentioned cancellation charges then we strongly suggest you have travel insurance.
Enquiries are subject to confirmation and price alterations until they are confirmed bookings.
Advice on passport, visa, currency and health issues
• Each guest is responsible for his / her own adherence with existing foreign rules on departure, health and entry requirements plus visa and passport regulations.
We recommend our guests take out travel cancellation and health insurance.
• Should you experience any difficulties during your stay or have problems finding the accommodation, or the accommodation is not in proper order please immediately contact the property host whose details you will have received within the key pick information. Please also contact the host incase of small problems such as breakages or use as an immediate contact while in resort.
• After your holiday (please note the statutory periods) you may send HHM a further complaint in writing and we while intermediate between the guest and the host. In the case you did not notify the host of possible problems / issues or defects immediately whilst in resort then they do not necessarily have to consider your written complaint. HHM will forward all customer complaints to the relevant host or provider though we have no powers to make a decision on the complaint. The email address of the host or provider can be given on request.